Weeknight dinners can be stressful. Between homework and extracurricular activities, sometimes we’re left with little time to prepare healthy family meals. Meatloaf takes too long for a weeknight meal, but my family loves it so I came up with an alternative. This is a super-easy Turkey Mini Meatloaf Recipe. Sometimes it pays to take shortcuts and although it’s not 100% from scratch, it’s much healthier than fast food or a high cal meal at a restaurant.
Take my word for it, you can whip up a batch of this mini meatloaf in no time! It only takes 35-40 minutes from start to finish. That means you can have dinner ready and on the table quickly. It’s the perfect weeknight meal. These turkey mini meatloaves are a family favorite around my house, so I know you’ll love them too!
- 1-1 ½ lb. Lean Ground Turkey (or ground turkey breast you can also substitute ground chicken)
- 1 Small Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Ribs Celery (finely chopped)
- 1 Cup Chicken, Turkey or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Stuffing Mix
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Small bunch of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ Tbsp. Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Turkey Gravy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Heat Oil In large pan over medium heat
- Add onion, celery and bay leaf
- Sauté for about 3-4 minutes
- Remove pan from heat
- Set aside to cool for about 2 minutes
In Large Bowl:
- Mix together ground turkey, stuffing mix, chicken stock, parsley, egg, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper
- Add sautéed veggies (remove bay leaf)
- Mix together with a wooden spoon or clean hands until well incorporated
Prepare Muffin Tin:
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Spoon ground turkey mixture into muffin tins (fill to top)
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes until cooked through
- If using turkey gravy, remove meatloaf after 20 minutes and spoon gravy on top.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Serve with your favorite sides or enjoy the Turkey Mini Meatloaf on its own. This dish will remind you of Thanksgiving dinner. My family loves mashed potatoes and collard greens with these, but any sides will work (or none at all). They’re delicious and satisfying!
- Latest Posts