I was recently introduced to the most amazing raw honey from Mohawk Valley Trading Company. This honey is so delicious we were literally licking it off the spoon. If you’ve only eaten that processed honey from the plastic bear, you’re seriously missing out.
The indulgence of this honey inspired me to create an incredible recipe that highlights the raw orange blossom flavor. Muffins are a breakfast delight and I simply love the fresh, bright taste of lemon zest. Lemon Zest combined with Raw Orange Blossom Honey makes these Honey Lemon Poppyseed Muffins quite a treat. I know you’ll love them!
You can use alternative honey for this recipe, but I can’t guarantee the muffins will be as delicious as the ones I made. They were a huge hit! I sent them in to honor the awesome Teachers’ during Teacher’s Appreciation Week. Delish!
- 1 Cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raw Orange Blossom Honey from Mohawk Valley Trading Co.
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Large Banana (mashed)
- 1/4 Cup Natural Applesauce (no sugar added)
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Milk
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Spray mini-muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
In Small Bowl
- Zest and juice one large lemon, set aside
In Medium Sized Bowl
- Mash Banana
- Add Honey, Applesauce, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil and lemon juice mixture to mashed banana
- Mix well with wooden spoon
In Large Bowl:
- Whisk Together Flour, Salt, Baking Soda and Baking Powder
- Add Wet mixture to Flour Mixture and mix with wooden spoon until incorporated
- Fold in Poppyseeds
- Fill mini muffin tins 3/4 full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
Here’s the recipe in an easy to print format:
- Latest Posts