I love granola! That sweet, salty taste and crunchy texture are truly addictive. Unfortunately, most granola is loaded with sugar and isn’t the most healthy snack choice. So I got to thinking, why not make my own healthy granola?
This Healthy Granola Recipe is made with oats, pecans, sunflower seeds, coconut oil and plenty of other nutritious ingredients. The spices add a nice sweet flavor boost to replace some of the sweetener in most granola recipes. It’s delicious and totally munchable! My kids absolutely loved it and I feel good about eating it as a snack or with milk in the morning for breakfast.
I know you’ll love it too! Give it a try, it’s easy.
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Pecan (pieces or halves)
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1/3 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Egg Whites (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Cardamom
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Parchment Paper
In Large Bowl:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Mix together oats, seeds, nuts, salt, brown sugar & spices
In Small Bowl:
- Lightly beat egg whites and vanilla until slightly frothy
Add Wet Ingredients:
- Add Honey and Egg White mixture to large bowl, Mix Well
Prepare Baking Sheet:
- Line Baking Sheet with Parchment paper
- Pour Granola mixture onto baking sheet and spread into an even layer
- Bake in 300 degree oven for about 30 minutes
- Reduce heat to 275 and continue baking another 15-30 minutes
- Watch your granola carefully to prevent burning at the edges.
- Oven temperatures vary, so keep an eye on the granola for the last 15-30 minutes of baking.
- Allow Granola to cool for about 20 minutes and then add the raisins.
- Latest Posts