I’m a Mom, yes. But I’m also a wife and a woman first. As a woman, I like to feel pretty and smell great. I’ll admit, before becoming a Mom I had a variety of body mists and perfumes. Most of them were loaded with synthetic chemicals. Since converting to a green lifestyle, I’ve become more concerned with using natural products. That’s one reason I started my own line of natural and organic bath and beauty products. Today, I want to talk about fragrances and how to choose natural scents. Below are some Tips for Buying Organic Perfume. The transition to a more natural lifestyle can be simple and you’ll feel much better knowing your choices are natural and safe for you and your family.
Here are some tips to help you on your natural fragrance journey:
- Don’t Quit: This is the most important point in life. If you’re particularly hooked on a specific perfume, switching over to organic perfumes takes some dedication. So, keep motivating yourself to stay on track! Have a positive inner dialog, remember all the benefits of transitioning to organic perfume.
- They are natural and you’re eliminating toxic chemicals from your life.
- They won’t harm your little ones, you can feel good snuggling your kids while wearing your natural fragrance.
- Organic Perfume is made from real plant extracts and essential oil so they smell like the real thing and can have aromatherapy benefits.
- Lastly, it takes time. Adjusting to new scents is rewarding and can be fun, but there’s certainly an adjustment period.
- Look for comparative favorites: Keep this in your mind: you will never find an organic source that smells like synthetic scents. So, if you have a synthetic favorite, seek out organic perfume that smells similar. For example, if vanilla is your favorite scent, look for a natural vanilla perfume. You can even use vanilla absolute and make your own body mist. TIP: Don’t replace your entire perfume collection at once. Make the shift slowly, but steadily. If you’re looking to buy an organic perfume today, here are some coupons for nordstrom to make your purchase cheaper. Who doesn’t love coupons? I know I do.
- Change: Once you start applying organic perfume, you’ll notice you start to perceive scents differently. Surprisingly, synthetic fragrances have much less effect on your natural reaction than scents from natural, organic sources. But it takes time to notice the change. During the process, you may start to realize the synthetic perfume you were so addicted to actually smells quite artificial. It’s true! Give yourself a month and then sniff your old favorite perfume. You may not even like it anymore!
- Determine your options: There are so many natural, organic perfume options and it will probably take time to decide what scent you prefer. You may even choose a few. I specifically like natural citrus mists made with essential oil during the day and lavender in the evening. The list of scents is long but to name a few: jasmine, ylang and lavender are some popular essential oils used in organic perfume. Others include; vetiver, patchouli, geranium, and rose. You will find these natural scents can be uplifting, calming, balancing and more. The aromatherapy benefits of essential oil are unparalleled.
- Authenticate your source: If you are opting for an organic perfume, be sure it’s completely organic. There are a number of perfumes available in the market, which are not 100% natural. This can be discouraging. Opting for a reputed online store, you can be sure that your purchase is 100% natural. If you have such plans, here is a nordstrom promo code to get you going: coupons for nordstrom
Natural perfumes are a better option for your health and emotional well-being. Take advantage of the natural aromatherapy benefits of essential oil. Making the switch may seem overwhelming at first, but I promise you’ll be happy you took the time to convert!
*Image Credits: Perfume bottle on beach Image courtesy of Salvatore Vuono at FreeDigitalPhotos.net; Essence Of Flower – Glass Bottle With Pink Flower Image courtesy of Just2shutter at FreeDigitalPhotos.net; Woman With Perfume In Hand In The Bathroom; Image courtesy of Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Latest Posts