I started using essential oil about a year ago. Once I transitioned to a more natural lifestyle, I noticed all the “crunchy Moms'” talking about essential oil. Whether they were encouraging essential oil as an ingredient in homemade cleaning products or as a remedy for sleeplessness and headaches, these oils kept coming up. My interest was piqued. What exactly are essential oils and what’s all the fuss about?
*Disclaimer: While I am a medically trained healthcare professional, I am not a physician. The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA. The following statements and information are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness or disease.
What are Essential Oils?
Let’s talk about the basics first! Essential Oils are aromatic, volatile plant extracts. These “oils” are created using a process called steam distillation. There are different grades of essential oil, depending on how the plants are grown, harvested and processed. Some essential oils are simply created to be used as fragrances, while others are pure enough to be used as therapeutic tools to heal the human body.
Choosing a Brand of Essential Oil
At this point, I’ve used just about every brand of essential oil on the market. Since starting my research, I’ve used esential oil to make homemade cleaning products, natural lip balm and DIY healing remedies. Each brand is different and some are better than others.
I didn’t favor a certain brand in the beginning. I’ve used essential oil from: Now Foods, Aura Cacia, Plant Therapy, doTerra, Young Living and many more. Believe it or not, the image above is just a small sampling of my essential oil collection. After a year of use and discovery, I’ve made a decision on which brand is the best for my family. Young Living is my oil of choice. Let me explain why…
Why I Chose Young Living
I’m naturally an investigator, a researcher. I spent 10 years working in Oncology Research, so looking at the finer details is in my nature. I didn’t just jump on the Young Living bandwagon because it’s trendy and hip. I investigated and discovered that Young Living has an edge over other essential oil companies.
The Young Living Edge:
- Young Living Owns Their Own Farms
- No other essential oil company can make this claim
- Once you become a member, you can visit their farms and take part in the process
- Young Living ONLY uses essential oils for pest control and weed control is done by hand
- That means the essential oils you purchase from Young Living are truly natural and organic
- Young Living has a unique Seed to Seal Committment
- They’re involved in the entire essential oil process from seed selection through the growth, distillation, testing, and packaging of their essential oil
- Young Living does BOTH in-house and third party lab testing of their essential oil to ensure purity
- Not only is Young Living dedicated to testing their oils for purity, they make sure their oils pass the rigorous testing of third party labs
My Experience with Young Living
My personal experience with Young Living has been wonderful from the moment I was introduced to these incredible, healing oils. My mentor, Sierra, has helped me every step of the way. Not only did she introduce me to Young Living, but she helped me understand the best way to use essential oils to support my family’s health and wellness. This is the start of a new chapter in my life and I’m so excited to begin this journey!
I’ve found the oils from my Premium Starter Kit to be truly invaluable. As a matter of fact, I use the oils every single day. They’ve become a HUGE part of my life and I don’t ever want to be without them! Let me give you a few simple ways I use my Young Living Essential Oil.
How I use Young Living Essential Oil Everyday:
- Add 1 drop of Lemon to my water every day
- It tastes delicious and helps prevent indigestion
- Diffuse 2 drops Lemon, 2 drops Lavender & 2 drops Peppermint (LLP) to rid my youngest son of “seasonal sniffles” during high pollen seasons
- Add 12 drops Peppermint, 8 drops Basil and 4 drops Lavender essential oil to a 10 mL roller bottle and top with fractionated coconut oil for occasional head tension
I made this video of 10 Simple Ways to Use the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. DON’T LAUGH! Okay, go ahead and laugh.
Ready to Try Young Living Essential Oil?
If you’re ready to take your health and wellness into your own hands, using Young Living is a great way to get started. You can learn more about Young Living Membership. You can also learn more about essential oil and sign-up for membership. I would love to connect with you. I’m looking for a few hard working people to join my team and help share the oils and your experience. If you’re interested, please visit my Business Opportunity page and fill out the application. I would also like everyone to experience these oils first hand so you can be amazed! That’s why I’m hosting an exclusive giveaway that will give you the opportunity to try these oils for yourself.
This exclusive giveaway includes everything you need to learn about essential oil and get started using them. I hope you love them as much as I do! This giveaway is open to US Residents 18 and older.
- 15 mL bottle of Lavender Essential Oil
- 15 mL bottle of Lemon Essential Oil
- 15 mL bottle of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oil
- 10 mL rolller bottle
- Latest Posts