This is the first year my family grew Kentucky Pole Beans. We weren’t sure what to expect and were shocked at how massive our bean harvest was this season. We planted two bean plants in the ground and one in a hydroponic bucket. It was amazing to see how quickly the roots took hold in the hydroponic system. Our beans grew quickly in the hydro bucket. The harvest from the plants in the ground came late in the summer.
Once I realized how many Kentucky Pole Beans we had, I started trying out different ways to cook them. This roasted Kentucky Pole Bean recipe was a family favorite. Both my husband and my kids were always asking for seconds. It’s a simple recipe, and it’s a little different than typical green beans. The prep time is minimal. If you have kids, I encourage you to get them involved. After my kids helped me pick, snap and season the beans they were ready to eat them right out of the oven!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
*Kentucky Pole Beans (about 1 lb)
*3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
*1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
*Salt (to taste)
*Mrs. Dash Original seasoning (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Snap ends off beans, pulling stringy parts off both sides
- Parboil the Beans – Bring pot of water to boil and drop in Kentucky Pole Beans for 1 minute
- Lay Beans in a single layer on a large cookie sheet
- Coat beans with olive oil
- Sprinkle minced garlic on beans
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Toss to coat beans well
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 10 minutes
- Remove beans from oven and flip with a spatula to prevent burning
- Bake for another 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and Enjoy!
Be sure to snap the ends off beans and remove the stringy parts from the beans. If you skip this part the beans will be stringy and difficult to eat.
The parboil step is really optional. I find the beans tend to be more tender and juicy if you parboil before baking, but I have skipped this step to save time and the beans still taste delicious.
This is a simple and addictive recipe. I hope you and your family enjoy your roasted Kentucky Pole Beans!
- Latest Posts