Nothing screams “Fall” quite like Pumpkin Spice. I’m addicted to anything pumpkin, from pumpkin spice lattes to donuts and pumpkin pie. So, I figured why not make my own pumpkin spice bread? I love putting a healthy spin on old fashioned recipes.
I took a classic pumpkin spice bread recipe and eliminated the white sugar, butter and refined flour. This Pumpkin Spice Bread with Pepitas is slightly sweet. Made with wholesome ingredients like white whole wheat flour, coconut oil and organic honey it’s something you can feel good about indulging in on a cool Fall morning.
- 2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour (I prefer King Arthur’s flour)
- 1/3 Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 15 oz. Can of Pure Pumpkin Puree (I prefer Libby’s)
- 2 Organic Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 Cup Organic Honey
- 1/3 Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Turbinado Sugar for topping (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Pepitas/pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray
In Large Bowl
- Add Dry Ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt)
- Gently whisk together
In Medium Bowl
- Add Wet ingredients (Pumpkin Puree, Honey, Eggs, Vanilla, Coconut Oil and water)
- Gently Mix wet ingredients together
- Add wet ingredients to large bowl with dry ingredients
- Gently fold wet mixture into flour mixture until just moistened (don’t overmix)
- Pour into 9×5 pan coated with cooking spray
- Top with Pepitas and Turbinado Sugar
- Bake in oven at 350 F for 55-65 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean
- Slice and Enjoy!
- Happy Fall!
- Latest Posts