I don’t know about you, but I use essential oils all over my home. I diffuse them and make my own natural face and body products. I also use essential oils to clean my kitchen cutting board. Essential oil bottles are so beautiful and functional, I really hate throwing them away! I also find myself wishing I had an extra bottle of lavender and cedarwood by my bed, frankincense in my bathroom and lemon by my cutting board. Guess what? It’s easy to split up oils and have them in every room of your house. All you have to do is learn how to clean and reuse essential oil bottles. It’s so easy!
How to Clean and Reuse Essential Oil Bottles
I’ve thrown away plenty of essential oil bottles over the past few years (well, I put them in the recycle bin). I would always look longingly at the bottles and feel sad as I tossed them into our green bin. Little did I know, it’s simple to clean and reuse essential oil bottles. All I do is throw used bottles into a large ziploc bag until I have a pretty big collection (10 or more). Then, I go through the simple process below.
What You Need:
- Thieves Cleaner
- Large Bowl
- Empty Essential Oil Bottles
- Paper Towels
- Absorbent Drying Towel
1. Add two capfuls of Thieves cleaner to a large bowl and fill halfway with warm water
2. Peel Labels off essential oil bottles
3. Pop out dropper tops using white lid
4. Place empty bottles, lids and dropper tops in the bowl with Thieves cleaner and water
6. Remove bottles and wipe away label glue residue with a paper towel or soft cloth
*This step is really simple after the bottles have soaked in the Thieves cleaner. The glue residue simply wipes away effortlessly.
7. Remove security band from bottle neck
8. Rinse bottles, lids and dropper caps with clean water
9. Lay bottles, lids and dropper caps on a clean, absorbent cloth to dry
10. Divide your favorite essential oils into clean bottles
11. Place label toppers on caps to identify the oils
12. Enjoy essential oils all throughout your home and on the go!
That’s all there is to it. You can use the empty bottles to divide your favorite oils up and take them in your purse, on trips or in rooms throughout your home. You can also create your own unique blends for the diffuser or to use on your family.
** Another great tip: Dilute your favorite essential oils with carrier oil and apply a roller top to the empty bottles for easy application.
- Latest Posts