The most common New Year’s Resolution is to get healthy and fit in the New Year. But what’s the best way to be accountable and stick with your fitness regimen? Fitbit has an entire line of products that may help you reach your goal. Read my Fitbit Flex Review to learn more about this great motivational tool.
The Booming Fitness Trend
Fitness bands are a booming trend in the fitness world. I’m sure you’ve heard of pedometers (little devices you wear to track your daily steps), but have you heard of fitness bands? Fitness bands are more advanced tools to help motivate you on your healthy journey. Let’s investigate how “fitness bands” are different from “pedometers”.
What is a Fitness Band?
So, what exactly is a Fitness Band? And how can it help me get healthy and fit in the New Year? Those are very good questions! Let me explain…
- Fitness bands are more technologically advanced than pedometers.
- Most commonly worn on the wrist.
- Tracks activity level, steps taken, sleep patterns and calories burned.
- Some also track things such as: perspiration, heart rate and pulse.
- Each make/model is different, some track more patterns than others.
Pedometers on the other hand are typically clipped onto your clothing and only track the number of steps taken. See how much more the fitness band can do?
Fitbit Flex Review
I received the Fitbit Flex as a Christmas gift a few weeks ago. Let me start by saying: “I LOVE MY Fitbit Flex!” This sexy little band hasn’t left my side since the day I wrapped her around my wrist. There are many reasons I treasure the Fitbit Flex. Let me break it down in my Fitbit Flex Review below.
- It’s a constant reminder to stay active.
- Fitbit Flex links to my iPhone so I can check my progress throughout the day.
- I can easily track calories eaten and calories burned.
- It wakes me up every morning with a pleasant silent alarm, a gentle and happy vibration.
- Fitbit Flex tracks my sleep patterns! (love that feature)
How Does Fitbit Flex Work?
Fitbit Flex is made up of two parts, the flexible wrist band and the smart sensor (Fitbit calls it a “Tracker”)
- The smart sensor fits into the flexible wristband.
- The smart sensor tracks your progress and can be synced to your smart phone or computer.
- The smart sensor has lights, which allow you to communicate using different taps and light series.
- The 5 light-dot display allows you to track progress on your wrist. Once you’ve reached your goal all 5 lights display solid when tapping.
- If you tap several times quickly on the Fitbit Flex you put it into sleep mode. You can tell it’s in sleep mode when two lights flash and then slowly dim. (It looks like eyes going to sleep to me!)
Fitbit Flex Vibration Modes:
- Capable of creating encouraging vibrations. It vibrates to congratulate you for meeting your goal!
- Silent alarms (vibrations) can be set from your smart phone or computer.
- It will wake you up in the morning with a pleasant series of vibrations.
- Or you can set a silent alarm as a reminder to do things throughout the day.
Be Motivated with Fitbit Flex
I’m not really a “New Year’s Resolution” person, but sometimes I hit a slump and (to quote Dr. Seuss) un-slumping yourself is not easily done! Let me tell you, since I put on my Fitbit Flex I have been motivated to stay active. Wearing it on my wrist is a constant reminder: take my steps, meet my daily goal! The cool thing about the Fitbit Flex is when I meet my 10,000 step goal it gives me a silent victory buzz. The happy series of vibrations and flashing lights gives me an emotional HIGH-FIVE!
Meet Your Goal with Fitbit Flex
- Creating a goal is easy with the Flex.
- Enter your weight and goals, or leave the default.
- Enter your food (calorie) and water intake.
- To use the calorie tracking feature, sync it to your computer or smart phone and search for your food items then add them to the tracker.
- The Fitbit Flex tracks your steps and active minutes. Be sure to add “other active minutes” (such as weight lifting) manually to get an accurate calorie count.
Get Enough Sleep with Fitbit Flex
Wearing the Fitbit Flex is a reminder to stay active. It’s also a reminder to get enough sleep at night.
- Track your sleep patterns.
- Put the Flex into sleep mode by tapping quickly several times until two lights flash and slowly dim.
- Wake the Flex by tapping several times quickly until the lights flash and roll across the band.
- See how many times you’re restless at night and how many times you’re awake.
- It keeps a log of how many hours you sleep and sends you a weekly report.
- Review your sleep log each day by syncing your Flex with your computer or smart phone.
If you’ve made a resolution to get healthy and fit in the New Year, the Fitbit Flex may be a perfect companion. It’s a smart device designed to help motivate and encourage you. It congratulates you with an emotional High-Five buzz when you meet your goal, and lets you know when you aren’t getting enough sleep. I love my Fitbit Flex and hopefully I gave you some great information to help you decide if it’s right for you.
Fitbit Flex Cost: $99.95
Free shipping with orders over $50 at Fitbit.com!
Learn more about Fitbit and their other products by visiting the Fitbit Website.
- Latest Posts